Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows
This post needs to fall into the “better late than never” category. It appears that, despite the complete lack of sunshine in my neck of the woods, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogging Award by a few bloggers near and dear to my heart. I apologize for taking so long to acknowledge this honor, I am just behind the times, technologically speaking, and I was unsure how to proceed. If I forget a step in this, please forgive me!
So here are the rules as I understand them:
Display the award on your blog.
Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
List 10 interesting things about yourself.
I can check one and half of two off the list already, yippee! Okay, a sincere thank you to the following marvelous bloggers who have deemed my blog to be full of sunshine:
- Tracy over at Wanderlust: Tracy, still having fun with this winter? Not sure if the most recent ice storm we received made it all the way up your way or not!
- Jami over at Sober Grace: Jami, I am anxiously awaiting the meditation update!
- Fern over at Emotional Drinking: Fern, I look forward to each and every post you put out!
- Chenoa over at Lifecorked: Every time I read, I feel like I have another sister out there!
Here is the presentation of the 10 deserving bloggers, all of whom deserve this award way more than me! Plus I will also ditto all the other nominees made by Tracy, Jami, Fern and Chenoa:
- Not This Song
- The Sober Journalist
- Trudging Through The Fire
- Time With Thea
- Changing Course Now
- The Soberist Blog
- Oh for the Love of… me
- Mental Rollercoaster
And, last but certainly not least, here are ten things that will have to pass as interesting about myself:
1. I print and write cursive with the paper upside down. Blame it on left-handedly never getting the slant correct, and catholic school perfectionism, but I had to keep turning the page until it couldn’t go any further. Then I just got used to it, and now it’s a nice conversation starter with loads of people that I don’t wish to have conversations (“Did you know you are writing upside down?” “Yes, yes I believe I do.”)
2. Despite French being one of my majors in college, I missed my flight while in Paris because I could not communicate to the cab driver that I needed to go to the airport (eventually, by making airplane arm motions, he understood)
3. I have driven back and forth across the United States three different times, on three totally different routes, with three different men. I did wind up marrying the last one (man, that is).
4. I have absolutely, positively, no sense of direction.
5. When I was 18 months old I could recite the Pledge of Allegiance
6. It drives me crazy when someone claims to “love” an artist/band but only knows their recent music
7. I have an irrational dislike of turkeys (live ones, not the main course at Thanksgiving)
8. There is a lackadaisical turkey farmer in the vicinity of my home that allows his animals to roam freely, and thus I frequently encounter said animals prancing around my yard. See #7 regarding my feelings on this subject
9. In a former life, I attended the same party as Ron Jeremy (and no, to answer the unspoken question, it was not an office party)
10. I was a member of a bridal party nine different times (one of them as a bride)
Alright, that just about does it, Josie OUT!
As they say this time of year… it’s an honor just being nominated!